Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Getting Closer

I'm excited to report that we've found a house in Ann Arbor. Let's say that the house has potential. Potential I'm so excited to bring out and turn into a home for at least the next few years. We don't move in for more than a month, but I'm working on getting the kids registered for school, making sure summer camps don't interfere with our plans, and getting the kids involved right away. We wish we could move sooner, but this timeline works well regardless (Just no walks to Top of the Park or Art Fair).

Now, I'm just starting to look at our belongings with a critical eye: getting ready to have a big sale so we don't have to move all of this stuff. I'm on the lookout for a new sofa. I feel like a pull-out sofa has better firmness and a more solid feel, so we'll probably be looking for that in the next house. With three boys and a dog that sneaks on the couch every time we go out, we're looking for a couch with slipcovers too.

The plan for now is to start taking lots of pictures and document the move and our efforts at turning the new house into a home. Because the market here is pretty brutal right now, our plan is to rent until we know that we're in the right neighborhood for sure (we're pretty sure we are). We'd also like to see the market stabilize a bit before we buy anything here.


2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting. I live about 45 minutes from Ann Arbor, it a great little city and so much to do with the University there and all. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, we're 30 minutes away right now. The house we're moving into is just a few blocks away from everything- even a chosen 'aunt' that the kids love.

    We used to live there and LOVED it. I have really grown to love living in Michigan (which I probably wouldn't have explored as much if we had stayed in A2). There is not a season here without something fun available. As I look to the future, I love the idea of the programs and accessibility available to older adults(especially as I watch the older generation of my family struggle with lots of these issues in their suburban environment).

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts